The rules, according to Jon, are:
- Each player starts with an odd, but fun, fact about Brum and one odd, but fun, fact about their blog.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose two people to get tagged and list their names.
- Tag your post “birminghamUK” and “brumblogtig” (the second one is a memetag).
- People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (with their version of the post) and post these rules (or link to them here). They can tie it in with their particular subject if they so wish.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
So my Brum fact:
Did you know that the lifts in the Mailbox each have different voices recorded by people from BBC Birmingham? One of them is definitely John Craven, although I’m yet to figure out who the others are!
(As an aside, over the way in Walsall Art Gallery the “voice of the lifts” is Noddy Holder)
And my blog fact:
According to a colleague, I technically could have been fired for starting this blog. Somewhere in my contract – apparently – there’s a clause about not publishing information about my employer, or something like that.
It was lucky that, when I decided to start blogging a little over three months ago, I didn’t think to look at my contract. It was doubly lucky that, when the people I worked for found out about the blog, they supported it instead of giving me my P45!