Is there a charitable news (preferably English language) organisation anywhere in the world that might benefit from having a volunteer for two-to-three weeks this year?
Loving travel, but not being a fan of beach holidays, I’d love to spend some time exploring a cool part of the world but being useful at the same time.
What I could offer:
– Trained journalist (short-hand 100wpm).
– Working with technology/new reporting and publishing tools
– Development of online engagement and community strategies using social media.
– Experience of working with both regional and national news brands.
– Energy, positivity, willingness.
I’d pay my way, of course. That’s what volunteering’s all about. I’d just need a place to volunteer, details of how to get there and probably a suggestion of a nice place to stay.